Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Today's Menu!

    Well, today we began out day with a protein punch!  I prepared gluten free bagels that contain 6gr. protein and 4gr. iron each and one of the main ingredients is brown rice flour which contains vit. b's as well.   The next layer was organic peanut butter also high in protein. I topped off the breakfast with bananas: high in fiber, potassium, and a natural way to sweeten things up!  Yummy and healthy way to start the day.

    For lunch today I sent in lunch boxes chicken enchilada soup (I defrosted from the freezer, I had made it in my bulk cooking day), organic corn chips for dipping, spinach salad with poppyseed dressing, craisins and pecans, fruit leather, strawberries, and carrots.  
    Dinner tonight is going to be chicken wings in the crock pot with BBQ sauce, sauteed green beans, and spinach salad with a strawberry vinaigrette.  This is a quick easy dinner as I have a staff meeting that goes until 4:30pm and then youth group at 6:30pm.  So, I will walk in the door, serve up a healthy dinner, and head right out again.
    Snacks today:  Morning snack:  nut pack from Trader Joes- cashews
                            After School Snack:  Veggies and Dip
                            Bedtime Snack:  Nutty Bars
    Even with a busy day we can still eat healthy!  Here is a simple recipe for homemade BBQ Sauce:
    
3/4 c. Ketchup- No High Fructose Corn Syrup/GF
1/2 c.100% Pure Maple Syrup
3 T. Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (I use Braggs)
Put all ingredients in a bowl, stir, use as a marinade, sauce, 
or in the crock pot with little hot dogs by Thousand Hills Cattle Co.,
 chicken, or meatballs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;