Friday, April 20, 2012

I Can't Believe It is French Toast: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free Recipe

Today I want to encourage all of you on special diets that you can ENJOY LIFE!  I found that with all our food sensitivities I had one of two options.  1- feel deprived of every good thing because we can't eat anything or 2- explore the world of foods and learn that there is an abundance of options out there I did not even know existed and change my thinking to all the things we CAN eat.  I just needed to learn how think and cook differently.  After many years of doing this (cooking for special diets) I am here to share my tips with you so your journey can be easier and tastier!  So, here is to ENJOYING life- focusing on all the things we CAN eat!

We are basically EGG free in our home.  I use eggs a little bit in baked goods here and there but for the most part, to keep all tummies happy, I stay away from eggs.  It has now become a choice, not a HAVE TO!  Being egg free does make some dishes a challenge.  But, I found a few tricks that allowed us to eat some our favorites!  French toast is one of those favorites.  Below is the recipe.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Ingredients:
2 T. Flaxmeal mixed with 6 T. of water- set aside until it turns into a gel.
1 C. Rice or Almond Milk
1 tsp to 1 T. Cinnamon (we LOVE cinnamon so I put quite a bit in!)
1 tsp. GF Vanilla
GF Bread of choice

Whisk flax meal, milk, cinnamon, vanilla.  Use a griddle set at 350 degrees or a pan- coat pan with coconut oil.  Dip bread, one slice at a time in the liquid mixture and place it in a pan.  Let it sit on the griddle until toasted, flip and toast other side.  Serve with diced fresh fruit and coconut milk whip cream, pure maple syrup, honey, or fruit sweetened jam!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;