Saturday, November 10, 2012

It’s All About Nutrition….Not Food!


Dear all friends and supporters of Kingdom Kids Nutrition,

As I sit here on this rainy Minnesota morning I began to ponder what does Kingdom Kids Nutrition really means and stand for.  Why are we doing what we are doing?  As friends and supporters of KKN I think it is important that you really understand what it is you are supporting so, I thought this would be the perfect time to put words to what has been bottled up I my head and heart about what Kingdom Kids Nutrition means and stands for.

When I first decided to teach classes I was praying about a name for my business and the name Kingdom Kids Nutrition popped into my head.  I wrote it down in my journal.  I then got  a picture in my mind of two children a boy and a girl both wearing crowns on their heads; they were bright and smiling ear to ear.  That looks good I thought and the name and logo of my business were born!  (Thanks to my amazing sister in-law Anne)

As I sit here I recalled that picture to my mind.  I see these two children with crowns upon their heads and it made me think, “Wow, they are a picture of what it is to be a child of God, a child of the king.”  The kids in this picture know who they are, they are royalty.  They have a heritage, a destiny on their lives, and call to be fulfilled.  They have influence and power because they are a son and daughter of the king.  Their smiles show that they are filled with confidence, they are healthy and strong, and most apparent is that they are filled with love and JOY. 
http://admin2.kaboose.com/media
 My thoughts then shifted and I began think about all the children out there that are struggling in life, as my little Hannah had.  Their crowns do not seem to be very bright and shiny.  Their faces are often filled with fear and frustration as they along with their parents just try to make it through one more day.  Joy does not fill them, as it should.  Their confidence is hidden, their identity lost, they feel powerless and unworthy of even the tarnished crowns that adorn their heads.  They are sick often and quality of life is a challenge.  They feel there is no hope with in them and their families often feel the same way! 

Well, our mission is to bring restoration to these children and families!  We are here to restore all that has been stolen from the lives of these children and families.  We are here to replace the tarnished crowns with ones that sparkle.  To bring back the smiles to their faces.  To build their confidence, teach them their identity, and show them they are of great value, they are little princes and princesses that have power and influence, with a call and purpose for their lives. We want to restore their health so they can be strong and walk in their destiny.  But most of all that they would have a HOPE and a future that is good and overflowing with love and JOY!   We have seen this transformation with our daughter and our family.  It is our expectation and a joy to see this happen over and over in the lives of children and families we encounter!

There is also a broader call on KKN that goes beyond families in crisis.  As I continued to ponder what is KKN, I was reminded that we are all children of God.  There are many hurting adults who have lost their identities, and are weak and unhealthy themselves.  We have been working with many adults already to discover who they are and what the call upon their lives is, thru teaching them to eat healthy and strengthen their bodies, bringing clarity to their minds, they are more equip to recognize the destiny on their life and walk it out.  Many of these opportunities have been with organizations like Adult and Teen Challenge and Union Gospel Mission.  It is so fun to see God using us to bring hope to the hopeless, and restoration where there has been devastation. 

And to those families that there kids really do not have any major “health” concerns but want to do what is best for their families, we come along side of them as  they strengthen their families through nutrition, building identity and strengthening values!  We have already been doing reaching out to families through a monthly community night at our local co-op Valley Natural.  (We will be there this Tuesday for Healthy Kids Night- I will be making lemon-lime all natural soda with them- join us.  It is a free event.)
13750 Co. Rd. 11, Burnsville, MN 55337
Tuesday, Nov. 13, 5:00-7:00pm (Special Kids Movie at  6:30pm)
You may all be thinking right now, how does this all have to do with NUTRITION?  Well the definition of nutrition in the dictionary is the act of or process of nourishing or being nourished.  Upon further study of the word nourish it means to sustain with food, supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth, to cherish, foster, keep alive, to strengthen and build up.  I was so excited when I read this.  Because I go in and speak about our story and teach about how to eat well, that prayer changes things, how to’s of eating well with kids, special diets, etc…but I would always say to my hubby, “I don’t teach nutrition.” I always think of nutrition as what vitamins are in what foods and how do carbs and proteins work, stuff like that.  But looking at the definition of what the broader word nutrition means it totally fits.  I go out to speak and teach people that I cherish, to supply them with what is necessary for life, health and growth.  To foster them, strengthen them, and build them up! 

Our hearts desire is to get our story out so we can bring freedom to children and their families.   We have seen how the power of our testimony has brought freedom to so many, now it is time to expand the territory and bring freedom to the masses!  Thank YOU SO MUCH for your encouragement and support!

What to watch for ahead….a new website, children’s “foodie” classes, parenting seminars, more “foodie” classes, upcoming Health Conference…Feb. 22-23 in Burnsville, MN  (Great Christmas Gift for that Health Nut on your list...tickets on sale Dec)!

Blessings to all of you and your families,
Kelli






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;