Wednesday, January 4, 2012

No cold for me this season!


For the past week a little cold bug has been trying to catch us! It has sounded like a few seals with very sore throats live in my home with me! Well, I put them all on liquid vit. A, vit. C, and Zinc. They drank a bunch of honey lemon tea (see recipe below. Lemons help to clear your lymph system and keep it functioning at a higher level and the honey coats your throat to sooth a sore throat and calm a cough. For tough coughs try mixing 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar with 1/2 tsp. honey. You can repeat as needed. Sometimes just a big tsp. or T. works for me- but for my kids I usually stick to 1/2 to 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar at a time. However, after two days they still had not kicked the cold, it had not gotten worse it just had not gone away so I started them on Dial Herbs Anti-Bio 2 (6 drops in the AM and 6 drops in the PM) and they all cleared up within 24 hours! (Mind you we also did no sugar and lots of water)

Yesterday afternoon I started to feel the fog of a cold coming on, so I took 6 drops of Anti-Bio 2 and by bedtime I felt normal again. For good measure I took Anti-Bio 2 one more dose before bed and woke up completely healthy this morning!

Praise God, for natural plants/herbs that boost your immune system and so your body can kill off all those nasty germs as it is designed to do!

I get my herbs from Dr. Tera at Prior Lake Natural Health! priorlakenaturalhealth.com (952) 226-1140.

Lemon Honey Tea
1 cup of hot water
Juice from one lemon
Honey to taste- we use raw honey but any will work

*If you have a juicer: buy organic lemons, juice them (the skin of the lemon has lemon oil that works better than just the squeezed juice). Add a bunch to the hot water and then sweeten with honey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;