Friday, December 2, 2011

Tip #8: Get Them Cookin'


Tonight was a perfect example of how to get your kids to eat new foods, get them cookin'! I tried my very first gluten free vegan meal, with a sushi appitizer, and homemade gluten free carrot cake for dessert (this was all a big deal as we just picked out our Christmas Tree for the season, so as dad put up the tree the kids and I began the cookin'). My 5, 7, and 9 year old set out dicing up cucumber, avacado, and crab. My 12 year old whipped up a carrot cake from scratch all on her own...with a delicious gluten free/dairy free cream cheese drizzle to top it! I diced and sauteed veggies that topped brown jasmine rice and was covered with a tomato/olive oil dressing! The kids all ended up at the table rolling sushi as I tossed the rice, veggies, and dressing. We had a delicious 3 course dinner that everyone ate! My tip to you, get those little ones in the kitchen with you. If they cook it they are more apt to eat it. And it is fun, makes lasting memories and I would rather have memories than a clean kitchen!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;