Sunday, January 8, 2012

I Can't Believe It's Good For Me Bars!

Well, week one is almost under our belt as we are going all whole foods! It started out rough, the kids were really wanting toast, pancakes, muffins, corn chips with salsa and guacamole. But, as the week went on they began to make salads and eat fruits instead of complain! The more we stand tough the quicker they accept the change, at least at our house!

I found breakfast to be the biggest struggle without eggs or grains! I will continue my search. I did try a few things but they are not yet a total success, when they get perfected I will post the recipes! We did have some amazing tacos and crepes that just need a little tweaking!

As we are journeying into a completely whole foods world, I have been craving a granola type bar. However, every recipe I have found has been either icky or requires oats which we are not eating at the moment! But, today I finally found one that is AMAZING! It is a raw foods bar, and don't shut down yet, ( I have not had much success in the raw food department, yet) but this is quick, easy, inexpensive, healthy, and wonderfully delicious. It reminds me a lot of an Almond Joy candy bar. Try it out and let me know if you like it as much as we did.

I found the recipe on: dreaminitvegan.blogspot.com/2010/03/going-primalnew-foundation-and-raw.html

1/2 c. raw almonds
1/2 c. medjool dates(pitted)
1/4 c. shredded coconut
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. dark chocolate(melted)optional

In a food processor add almonds and blend until chopped finely, not butter. Then add the dates, coconut and vanilla. Take out and roll into balls.
If you dip in melted chocolate put on wax paper and stick in refrigerator until hardened. Pack in airtight container.

Enjoy and let me know what you think. My craving for sweet and crunchy are now satisfied! I told my kids they are candy bars and they are so excited to have candy bar to eat when ever they want!!!! I did a mix of with and without chocolate, and they enjoyed them both (I used a 90% cocoa with only 3 gr. sugar).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;