Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hamburger Soup

By the time I got home tonight I had 45 minutes to get a dinner on the table before gymnastics and dance. Since I had just got home from grocery shopping a recipe from my past popped into my head. I was not sure if it could be done quickly but it was really the only option I had at the moment. So, instead of letting it simmer for the afternoon like I normally do, I just boiled it until veggies were tender and it turned out just fine! This is a quick healthy dinner you can throw together in about 1/2 hour. All you do is dice up the veggies, saute the burger, toss in tomatoes and water! Wahla...dinner.

The specifics:
Dice 2 potatoes into bite size pieces
Dice 4 carrots into bite size pieces
Dice 2 stalks of celery into bite size pieces
Dice 2 onions into bite size pieces
1 lb. grass fed beef
1 (32 oz) can of crushed or diced tomatoes
2 cans (32oz) of water

Directions: Place beef into a large soup pot. Saute with onions and celery until fully cooked. Toss in potatoes and carrots, cook a few more minutes. Add 1 can of diced (for more of a vegetable soup) or crushed (for more of a creamy tomatoish soup) and 2 cans of water. If in a hurry boil until veggies are tender and ready to eat, if you have all day do it in the morning and throw it in a crock pot on low for the day- the flavors get rich and yummy. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy! You can also just saute up the beef and throw it all in the crock pot for the day, that works too!

One batch makes dinner for the 6 of us and 3 extra lunch meals that I freeze up for later! This is one of those meals you can double and freeze it for a quick meal. It tastes even better the second day when all the flavors settle in together! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;