Wednesday, December 21, 2011

3 Healthy Days Before Christmas

Traveling with special diets can be a challenge! I have found that I do a great deal of packing for our holiday travels as a family of 7, but I do equally as much packing of food as clothes! However, my packing pays off both for piece of mind and costs!

The first thing I do is plan and prepare the food for our trip. I chat with the people we are going to visit and create a menu of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks for the time we will be away. I plan things that will be similar to what everyone else is eating to make it a little less obvious that we eat differently! I pick up all the items that I know I can get at home for a better price than where we are traveling to. Then when I get into town I pick up the odds and ends I did not bring with and we are set for the time we are visiting.

In the car I always pack a bunch of snacks like homemade granola bars, apples, oranges, blueberries, crackers, gf pretzels, nuts, etc...then I always pack a cooler for lunch with sandwiches, carrot sticks, coconut yogurt, bananas and make sure everyone has a big bottle of water!

If flying I usually just stock up on a few boxes of Lara Bars, Mrs. Mays Bars, or Snack Nut packs to make sure I have safe and filling snacks as we travel or find ourselves waiting to get some "real" food once we arrive!

Hope these trips make your Christmas and New Years traveling filled with peace and health!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;