Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day Red Food & Fun Meal Ideas


The day began with a bust of excitement as I put on the Valentines Day table cloth. I love holidays, any excuse to celebrate and have fun! We started the day off with a protein packed coffee cake with "red" apple slices. It was so delicious and the apples went awesomely with the apples! Here is the recipe:

This recipe was given to me by my friend Jill, I think she got it from the Spunky Coconut cookbook, a cookbook I am definately going to invest in!
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Place the following in a food processor:
2 cups room temp cooked beans or cannelloni beans (I use dry ones and soak and boil them- quick tip you can used canned drained beans as well)
6 eggs
3/4 teaspoon liquids vanilla stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup honey
Purée well

Melt 1/4 cup coconut oil
In a separate bowl mix the following:
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
3/4 tsp soda
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder

Turn on food processor on low and pour in melted coconut oil, then add dry ingredients, mix until smooth.
Pour batter into 9x13 inch greased pan

Crumble Topping:
3 cups walnuts- chopped fine
2 tsp coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tbls cinnamon
Spread the crumble over the top of batter use fork and swirl the topping into batter then pat topping down
Bake for 25 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean)
ENJOY!


*NOTE: Excuse the ziplock bags in the photo I know they are not healthy I am just building up my portable lunch containers.

LUNCH consisted of spaghetti (in the thermos), strawberries, cherry tomatoes, and dark chocolate with flecks of real raspberry in it!

I will be posting later as we finish our sugar free, grain free, vegan cake (dessert for our big Valentine's Day dinner) Our dinner is going to be a grain free/cheese heart shaped pizza with salad topped with poppyseed dressing, purple onions, and diced strawberries! Watch for photos and recipes later tonight or tomorrow morning as I have a date with my hubby tonight!
Happy Valentines Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;