Saturday, October 8, 2011

Back To Tips...Tip #5 Switch Up Your Cooking Method

One day I sat complaining basically to a friend about how I could not get my kids to eat green beans. She asked me how I prepared them. I told her I bought the frozen ones as they are healthier than the canned ones (even though at that time I loved the canned green beans), but that my kids did not like how crunchy they were so I boiled them until they were soggy like the can ones but they just wouldn't eat them. My friend then went on to ask me if I had ever sauteed fresh green beans. My response was, "You can sauté green beans?" She explained to me how to sauté them in a little olive oil on low heat and sprinkle them with a little garlic sea salt. So, I gave it a shot. Low and behold they ate the whole pan. I then learned they liked green beans raw, they liked them grilled, they liked them sauteed, but they did not like them boiled or steamed!

I then invested in the cook book Asparagus to Zucchini. It is an amazing cookbook that gives you a variety of recipes for various veggies from a to z! This has made veggie eating much more enjoyable, tasty, and successful!

You can check out the cookbook at this website: www.csacoalition.org/resources/consumers/cookbook

Happy veggie eating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;