Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dairy Free Chai Tea Treat for MOM!

I just learned how to make a chai tea latte at home with not fancy gizmos!  It was so easy and very tasty.  This is what I did:
1.  Get a good chai tea (I used Masala Chai from Indigo Tea Co. www.indigo-tea.com)
2.  Steep 1 tsp. tea with 6oz. boliling water for 5 minutes (strain if loose tea is used after the 5 minutes)
3.  Heat about 1/2 c. Coconut Milk Creamer (SoDelicious- find at your local co-op) Origional Flavor- blend with emersion blender for a few minutes until frothy
4.  Pour tea into a large coffee mug, top with frothy creamer, sprinkle with cinnamon, and stir in honey to taste!
5.  Enjoy!

*Note the ratio of tea to creamer that I use is 2/3 tea and 1/3 creamer!  My friend Karen also makes this with Almond milk!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;